Entries by admin

LOCAL NEWS: Electrical Fire In Joppa

Fire Crews, BGE Battle Electrical Fire In Joppa The volunteer fire company in Joppa Magnolia and the Baltimore Gas and Electric Company were forced to battle a raging fire at 10am in a company control room. The fire company was called and told that it was electrical hazard and immediately responded. The fire took place […]

Why You Need to Go To LED

Why Do You Need To Go To LED? If you are unfamiliar with LED lighting, now is the time to learn more. LED, stands for Light Emitting Diode, and lighting that utilizes this type of technology is becoming much more popular, especially in the United States and Western Europe. LED lighting used to be more […]

Is Outdated Knob-and-Tube Wiring Making Your Home a Fire Risk?

Is Outdated Knob-and-Tube Wiring Making Your Home a Fire Risk? Historic homes have a certain charm and appeal for buyers that just cannot be matched in more modern designs. Older homes may offer crown molding, solid wood floors, and even leaded glass for the windows, and they may also have a history and a story […]

Important Safety Tips to Avoid Grilling Accidents This Summer!

Important Safety Tips to Avoid Grilling Accidents This Summer! It’s probably no surprise that June and July are peak months in the United States for grilling accidents, as this is when families and friends gather for barbecues and to celebrate the Fourth of July holiday. While grilling is a part of summer for just about […]

Top 10 Rules for Electric Safety

Top 10 Rules for Electric Safety In order to stay safe in and around your home, here are a few safety tips regarding the use of electricity that you should learn as soon as possible. Avoid overloading an electrical outlet or extension cord. The problem with overloading an outlet with too many plugs is that […]

Electrical Safety at Home

Electrical Safety at Home Practicing electrical safety is easier than you might think. It is vital that you understand that electricity always takes the quickest and shortest route to the ground. Electricity has the ability to flow through metal, wire, water, and more worryingly, humans! Electricity cannot be seen by the human eye, but it […]

LOCAL NEWS: A Recent Story Of Electric Shock Drowning

A Recent Story Of Electric Shock Drowning Both swimming and boating on lakes are a popular hobby, and they are also pastimes where safety is a serious consideration. Therefore, it took the Ritz family totally by surprise when their son Lucas was tragically killed whilst swimming in a lake despite wearing a life preserver, and […]

LOCAL NEWS: Electrocution In Chevy Chase Home

Electricity is something that we all take for granted, yet we often forget just how hazardous it can be, and if not treated with the respect it deserves, electricity can be a killer. Unfortunately, for one family in the town of Chevy Chase, Maryland, that is something that became true only last week. A middle […]